Friday, November 11, 2011
Ego Check
One of the things I like about Crossfit is that it will force you to check your ego. I have been used to doing most of the wods rx'd. I just read a great article on what rx'd really means. It means to use the weight that is right for you. That doesn't always mean that it's the recommended weight, but a weight that is good for me on that given day. For example, I did a workout the other day that was 10 rounds of 10 hand release pushups and 10 deadlifts with 225 lbs. I got 6 rounds in and realized that the weight was too heavy for me. Instead of sacrificing my form, I ended the workout at 6 rounds. In retrospect, I should have used a lighter weight and I would have been able to get all the required rounds. It is always good to be able to learn from each workout, and sometimes, it is better to use a lighter weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment