Monday, March 29, 2010

Excuses

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."  

I am not sure who said that, but today it was true.  I woke up later than I wanted to today.  Then, after breakfast, I thought, "I should relax a little, then head to the gym."  Then time, like it always does, got away from me.  Next thing I knew, it was too late to go to the gym.  I didn't have time to drive to the gym, workout, come home, eat and be to work on time.  So my old self started with the excuses.

I started to tell myself that if I ate good today, I can start the working out tomorrow.  But I have been telling myself that for way too long.  Excuses have gotten me to my current weight of  286 lbs.  It's always, "I can start tomorrow, one day won't kill me."  It is that attitude that has led to this point.  So I have decided no more excuses.  If I can't make it to the gym, I will find another way to workout.  And that is exactly what I did.

Today I set a goal for myself to jog non-stop for 10 minutes.  For me, time is more important than distance.  I know it isn't much, but it is a start.  I put on my running shoes, cranked up my IPod, and headed out the door.  10 minutes went by and I had made it, without a heart attack.  Inside I did a little happy dance.  After a cool-down walk, I was feeling pretty good with myself and decided to do something else.  100 walking lunges for time.  It took me 7:30.

There is no more excuses.  I proved that to myself today.

Here is my starting (before) pics.  286 lbs.  I will be posting a pic each month to show my progress
    

2 comments:

  1. Damn, that's one sexy Bean, way better looking than and Cogley I know. nice house too

    -Marcos335

    ReplyDelete