When you think that about a work out, it usually means the opposite. Today was a perfect example. First part of today's workout was Hanging Power Cleans, 3-3-3-3-3 reps, working up to your 3 rep max. Previously, I had only done 200 lbs. for 1 rep. I started with 135 and ended my last set with 210 lbs. That is a huge PR for me. I was happy with that.
Now it was time to move on to the WOD. On the white board it didn't look so bad, 21-15-9 reps of Bodyweight back squat and KB swings. I modified the squats to 205 lbs. and the swings were rx'd at 55 lbs. I got about 10 reps into the workout and realized that 205 was a bad idea. It felt fairly heavy. But here's the deal, you pick the weight, you are married to it. I would do my workout with what I had chosen, no matter how long it took me. There is no dropping the weight half way through because it is too hard. I made it through, and my time was around 12min, 12 sec. Then I collapsed in a puddle of sweat and tried to catch my breath. Lesson learned, it is always bad, even if it appears to be not so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment