Today, as I walked into the gym, I realized that the WOD that was on the board was going to suck. My legs still hurt from Tuesday's squats, and today called for medicine ball cleans, a lot of them. First though, there was a skill/strength WOD. It was snatch balance for 3-3-3-3-3, working your way to a 3 rep max. The snatch balance is something I have never done, so it should be interesting. For those that don't know what a snatch balance is, it is when you take the bar in a snatch width grip from off of your back. As you press it up over your head and lock out your arms, you drop into a full snatch catch, going below parallel. Then you stand up in an overhead squat with your arms still locked out. That's 1 rep. I was very pleased, because I got my last set of 3 with 135 lbs. My pr in OHS (overhead squat) was 95 for 1, so today was starting off great. A huge PR!
Now, onto the WOD, where I got run over by a train. It was a couplet, meaning 2 exercises paired together, of 30-25-20-15-10-5 reps of medicine ball cleans (20 lb ball) and push ups. While you may think that a 20 lb med ball isn't that bad for the cleans, let me reassure you that it is. I made it through the workout rx'd in 20 ish or 22 ish minutes, I can't remember. It was the first time in a while that when I finished the workout and was lying on the ground that I felt like I was run over by a train. I was on the floor in a puddle of sweat, gasping for air to catch my breath. Some may think, "Holy crap, you shouldn't put yourself through that kind of torture. Don't go as hard and you won't feel like that." It is the opposite though. That is a great feeling for me, because I know that I am pushing myself to be better and pushing myself to be in better shape. So, getting hit by a train is not necessarily a bad thing. Choo Choo!
No comments:
Post a Comment