I have been getting back into the swing of things by doing workouts on my own again. I recently have left going to a Crossfit gym and joined Powerhouse Gym, solely based on money. It's $12/month. So between that gym and the one at work, I have everything I need to do pretty much any crossfit workout. Today I decided to revisit one of the benchmark WODs, Nancy. The female named wods have a tendency to be horrific. And let me tell you this about Nancy, she is a bi**h.
Here is what Nancy entails, 5 rounds of 400 m run and 15 Overhead Squats (OHS) w/95 lbs. I told myself that no matter how long it took, I was going to do it prescribed. I am not a fast runner, and my best time ever has been around 25 min. Round 1 and 2, not so bad. I ran at 6 mph on the treadmill and broke the OHS into 2 sets, 8 reps and 7 reps. Round 3 is when it started to kick my butt. I had to drop the speed down to 5 mph, but the reps were the same for OHS. The last round I bumped the speed back up to 5.7 mph and was going to try and do the last set of OHS unbroken, meaning without stopping or putting the weight down. I got to my 11th rep on OHS and my arms started coming forward and I couldn't bring the bar back, actually dropping it on my head. Not hard, but just enough to annoy me, not hurt me. I let out a four letter word, dropped the bar and picked it back up to finish the last 4 reps. Time! 31 min 25 sec. Not my best, but hey, I finished and that is all that matters. And in usual form, I fell over onto the floor, lying there in my sweat angel and catching my breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment