This morning after I got off of work, I began my slap bet challenge. I am transitioning my diet into a paleo eating lifestyle. The problem right now, I don't have the right foods at home. So I had a seared tuna steak salad for dinner last night, but that was about it. Without packing my lunch, I didn't have anything with me to eat, and I didn't want to hit the drive thru. Today, breakfast was a little better. I had 2 whole eggs, cut up chicken breast, asparagus, a hand full of walnuts, a few apple slices, half a grapefruit and a big glass of water.
What was the workout you ask? It was 6 rounds of 250 m row and 15 push press w/115 lbs. While the workout wasn't terrible cardio wise, it made me realize how weak I have gotten. During the push press, I can't get all 15 reps at once because my shoulders fatigued. I had to break the first 2 sets into 8 and 7 reps. Then after that, 3 sets of 5.
This workout should take about 15 min. or so. It took me 22:42. Not a great performance, but you have to start somewhere. And the motivation not to get slapped is enough for me to keep moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment