Tuesday, April 5, 2011

That's a Heavy Snatch

Today's workout consisted of Power Snatches and running.  I am not the most efficient at the snatch, which is an olympic lift, and today it called for using 135 lbs.  It was 5 rounds for time (RFT) of 5 power snatches w/135 lbs and a 400 m run.  My goal was to just finish it rx'd.  Just getting back into eating right and working out, I am not so much worried about my times as I am with doing the movements right and just finishing a workout.  My times will improve the more consistent I am with eating healthy and doing Crossfit.

The first round wasn't too bad, but I wasn't used to that much weight.  My form was not the prettiest for that round, but I made some adjustments and it got better.  Overall, the wod took me 25:13.  Not great, but at least I finished it rx'd.  My times will get better.  Making sure I am doing the movements correctly will only make me more efficient, which will lead to faster times.

No comments:

Post a Comment