Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What is 8 Weeks in the Grand Scheme of Things?

That is the question that I need to ask myself.  What is my dream of opening up a box and being in the best shape of my life worth to me?  If I give myself 8 weeks, 2 months, of strict diet and exercise, how much weight can I really lose?  20, 30, or even more?  It took a good friend to really put me in my place.  I have been half assing my diet.  My workouts have suffered and I have not made this a priority in my life.  This vacation is just what I needed to get back on track.

I got a chance to see my buddies new box that he is opening, Crossfit Militia.  And I saw how Paleo and Crossfit has gotten him in shredded shape.  We got to talking about what I wanted to do and he told me pretty much to suck it up and just do it.  Give myself 30 strict days of Paleo and Crossfit.  As the conversation continued, I was telling him that I wanted to lose about another 30-40 lbs. before I apply to get my Crossfit Certification.  So we decided that I would try 2 months strict diet and workouts.  In reality, what is 8 weeks when you look at the big picture.   If all goes well,  I will be ready to get my certification by the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment