Today's workout was one that I had previously done back on 3/20, which is right before my journey started. I was fat and out of shape. The wod was one used at a games qualifier and had a 25 minute cap on it. When I did it back in March, I didn't even come close to finishing it in that time. And I didn't use the rx'd weight for all of it either. At 25 min. I was 2 exercises away from finishing. Today, I revisited that workout to see my improvement. Let me tell you, 2 months of Crossfit and almost 20 lbs. lighter makes a huge difference.
Here's the WOD:
30 wall ball-16 lbs (cause that's the heaviest at the gym)
30 ground to overhead 95 lbs.
30 kb swings 53 lb. kettlebell
30 overhead squats 95 lbs.
30 burpees
30 ground to shoulder
In March, I was only able to make it to the overhead squats, and for those I had to use 65 lbs. Holy crap what a difference today was. I finished the workout all rx'd in 24:12. I had done it under the cap and used all the prescribed weight. I couldn't believe the difference this time around. After the workout I was pretty excited with my time. It is nice to see actual results. The little everyday victories that I achieve are what keeps me going on this journey. Today was a great day for me. And these last 2 months have been a fantastic ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment