Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Great Feeling

Anytime you can get a PR (personal record) in a workout or lift, it is a great feeling.  It is motivation that the work you are doing is paying off.  This week has been great for me, because I got 2 PRs.  One in a workout, and one in a lift.  The first is workout is one of the most feared women, Fran.  It is 21-15-9 reps of thrusters w/95lbs and pull ups.  The last time I did this workout was at the station, and it was a disappointing 19 min. and some change.  Elite athletes do this under 4 min.  Also, there is a 12 min. cap for it at the Level 1 certification that I will be attending at the end of the month.  This was great for me to gauge where I am at.  All I was hoping for was to do it under 12 min.  I got it done in 11:30.  Nice.  I am hoping for an even better time at the certification.

Today's workout was Power Cleans and dips for 7-7-7-7-7-7, followed by a 1 rep attempt if you choose.  I chose to try it.  I was able to work up to 175 lbs. for my last set of 7.  Now to try and beat my PR of 195.  I got 185 x 3 reps, so I was feeling pretty good.  I jumped to 205 lbs.  and nailed it.  10 lb. PR!  This week I hit 2 PRs.  It really motivates me to continue along this journey because I can see improvements and I know that it is only going to get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment