Monday, August 30, 2010

Get it Done

The thing about my job is the fact that I don't work normal hours.  My day today begins at 3 pm and I work until 3 am.  Not your typical 9-5.  I am not complaining because I love my job, which is more than a lot of people can say.  But, my hours don't always coincide with the hours of the gym.  And today that was the case.  I did buy some bumper weights and an olympic bar to have at home.  I have 115lbs that I can work with.  I also have a jump rope.

I wanted to keep is short and sweet today.  WOD for today: 21-15-9 reps of 115lbs ground to overhead and double unders.  After each round, I ran to the end of my street and back, .2 miles (a little less than 400 m).  I did it in a little over 18 minutes.  Not too bad.  My cool down was 30 strict deadlift w/115, working on form, and 150 singles with the jump rope.  The heat played a factor in the workout today too.  It was hot today.

I also have some added incentive for the next 30 days to kick it in to high gear.  My best friend Joe and I have a 30 day contest on who can drop the most percentage of body weight in the next 30 days.  Winner gets 9 holes of golf and a cart, but more importantly they get bragging rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment