Wednesday, April 6, 2011

From the Way I See it Shooter...

We've only just begun.  That is what I had to tell myself after today's workout.  I didn't think that it would take me as long as it did, but I quickly realized that I was sadly mistaken.  It wasn't so much the cardio portion of the workout, but the muscle endurance.  The workout started with a strength wod, followed by a short rest then 4 rounds of 25 reps each of 135 lb. deadlift and push ups (hand release).  The hand release push ups are chest to the ground and you lift your hands up off the ground before pushing back up.

First part, strength wod.  5-5-5 shoulder press.  135 was good, but I failed at 140.  4 reps and 3 reps.  Discouraging, but it will only improve.  After a short rest, it was time for the DL/pushup wod.  I was hoping to finish in 15 min. or less and quickly realized that probably wouldn't happen.  First round wasn't too bad, but then muscle fatigue set in.  It just made me realize that I had lost a lot of strength.  I managed to finish the workout rx'd in 19:50.  While I am not anywhere near where I want to be, just changing my eating and working out has made me feel much better, which is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment