Saturday, April 9, 2011

Make up Day

There is not a Sat. workout posted for my buddy's gym, which is the one that I am following.  So I decided to make Saturdays a make up a missed wod day.  I didn't get a chance to do the workout from Thu.  Today was a great day to make it up.  And the workout was something I have never really done before, which made it a great wod for me.  It was a 15 min. AMRAP of 50 m farmers walk w/45lb plate in each hand, 5 burpees, 50 m overhead plate carry w/45lb plate, 50 m sprint, 50 m overhead plate carry w/45lb plate.  That is 1 round.  I was pretty disappointed with my performance.  4 rounds + 50 m farmers walk.  The overhead plate carry was harder than I thought because you have to keep your arms completely straight up over your head.

Because I was unhappy with my performance, I decided that an active cool down was in order.  We have a tractor tire at work that is probably around 300 lbs.  What better than a 10 min. cool down of tire flips.  So that is what I did.  10 min. I flipped the tire somewhere around 110 m or so.  This week has been a good week for me.  I didn't stray from my diet, and I worked out 4 days.  To top it all off, I even dropped 9 lbs.  I know a lot of that weight is water weight, but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment