Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Adapt and Overcome

For the most part, I have everything I need between the gym at work and the gym I am a member at.  The only thing I really don't have is a 20 lb wall ball and a 24 inch box.  So when a work out calls for these, I have only one choice, adapt and overcome.  The wall ball that we have at work is 16 lbs and the box for jumping is 20 inches.  I could just do the recommended reps but with less weight, or do more reps.  I chose option 2.  For example, today's workout was 150 wall balls w/a 20 lb ball.  Since I have 16 lbs, to even out the weight, I needed to do 188 reps.  And when box jumps are in the wod, I just put a bumper weight on top of the box to make it about 24 inches.  The nice thing with Crossfit is that you can adjust things to make them work.  The important part is to make sure your form is not compromised and that the intensity is there, which I can do with those tweaks.  It is all about how you adapt and overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment