Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Expose Your Weakness
That is the great thing with Crossfit. With it being constantly varied, there will come a time when you find a big weakness. Then, it will get exposed for the entire workout. Today was that day for me. It was finding a Snatch 1 rep max in 10 min. I have done power snatches, but I haven't really done full squat snatches. Today that all changed. I was able to get up to 135 lbs. I failed twice at 145 because my balance was off. Before I knew it the 10 min. was up and I hit a disappointing 135 max. Take a 5 min rest then the wod was 15 min AMRAP with 70% of your snatch max, 105 lbs. The main focus was to concentrate on form and making sure I get a deep full squat. 20 reps is where I ended up at, but my form and squat depth were kept in tact, which is what I was really going for. Form is more important for me with movements that I am not used to or good at. The weight will come. Today I had a big weakness of mine exposed. The only thing to do now is to practice it to make it a strength so that I can move on to the next weakness. And believe me, I have plenty of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment