Tuesday, May 24, 2011

As the Chalk Dust Settles

As the chalk dust settles, I am lying on the ground gasping for air.  That is how pretty much all my workouts end it seems.  Like many crossfitters, I use chalk to help with gripping the bar instead of hand wraps or gloves.  It really helps considering that during the workouts I am dropping pools of sweat.  The chalk helps to keep my hands dry and keep my grip on the bar.  And it helps to keep my hands from ripping.

Today's workout was no different.  3 sets of 3 reps for DL and then on to the wod.  I was able to do 315-365-385.  Not great by any means.  The workout was 21-15-9 reps of Power Cleans, Burpees, Power Snatch.  The rx'd weight was 95lbs, not bad.  I didn't have an issue with the cleans or snatches, but when you add burpees in the mix it absolutely kills me.  Today's workout should take me less than 15 min.  I did it in 22:23.  Terrible!  It's the burpees in the middle that get me every time.  As I finished, the chalk dust settled around me, like a chalk dust outline.

No comments:

Post a Comment