Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lions, Tigers and Oh S**t, a Bear Complex

Today's workout was a bear complex, meaning it is a sequence of exercises done with one barbell.  It was a power clean, front squat, push press, back squat and a push press.  That is 1 sequence, done seven times for 1 round.  Take a minute rest, add 20 lbs, and do it all over again 4 more rounds, adding 20 lbs. each round.  You start with just the bar, and end up doing 125 lbs for the last round of 7 reps.  If you drop the bar or let it rest on the ground, it is not rx'd.  I did the first 3 rounds without a problem, rx'd.  Then the 4th round hit and so did the wall that goes with it.  I had to put the bar down, so my workout was not rx'd.  The weight was, but I can't claim rx because I had to set the bar down.  I finished in 20:09.  Not good, not bad. While it wasn't rx, at least it wasn't a DNF (did not finish), which is worse.  I love the bear complex workouts, even if it nearly ate me alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment