Friday, May 27, 2011
I Repeat...Burpees Suck!
Today's workout once again had burpees in it. I HATE BURPEES. And these weren't regular burpees. They were bar facing burpees. Meaning, you do a burpee facing the bar, and then jump and turn so you land on the other side facing the bar, hence the name. There is nothing like burpees in a wod to wear me out so fast. And why should this one be any different. The workout was 5 rounds of 15 push press (95lbs) and 15 bar facing burpees. My original goal was to finish under 30 min. About halfway through, I realized that was going to be very reachable. I finished in 23:40. Better than I had thought, but still not where I want to be. The only way to get better with the workouts and burpees is to do them. My body is pretty worn out from the last 2 weeks of wods. The programming from Crossfit Militia has been great and really kicked my butt. I am thinking 2 days rest for the holiday weekend. Or maybe just a light jog on Sat. A little R & R will be a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment