The weather here has been amazing the last few days. Today I went to the gym for the Saturday morning workout and the weather was perfect. Not humid, about 75 degrees. Today's workout was 3 rounds of 500 m row/21 burpees/400 m run. The entire workout today was done outside. What a world of difference a little fresh air makes during a workout. Sometimes, just stepping outside of the gym refreshes the whole workout. Some fresh air makes you feel a little less constricted, confined by the walls of the box.
I also introduced a friend of mine, Tim, to Crossfit today. He was pretty athletic already, so this workout was good for him. He did beat me by 3 minutes, but I had revenge on the cool down. At the gym, they have a 375 lb. tire. The owner, Bill, said he had a cool down challenge for us. Since my friend Tim was new, we would flip the tire back and forth til 1 person quit. I flip, then Tim flips, I flip, and so on. We got to the 3 min. mark of flipping and Bill upped the ante. After each flip, jump up on the tire and jump off, like a box jump. Tim was done after a few of those, and sweet revenge was mine. What a great way to end a great workout, with a little friendly competition. I think today Tim was bit by the Crossfit bug.
No comments:
Post a Comment