How is your snatch? That is something you have to ask yourself before performing the olympic lift. Today's workout called for power snatches, which is lifting the bar from the ground to overhead, without a full squat. Form and technique are more important on this lift then the amount of weight. Once your form becomes second nature, strength gains will happen. But it is the technique that prevents injury. You can't let your ego get in the way of what people will think if you don't have a ton of weight on the bar. I was fortunate enough to find Crossfit Hardcore when I was in FL. They always made sure that technique and form took priority over weight. This allowed me to become comfortable with the olympic lifts.
Here is today's WOD:
5 rounds
10 Power Snatch-105 lbs
200 m run
20 push ups
It took me 22 min. 58 sec. It was a great workout. I got some strange looks at the gym from people that spend more time talking then working out, but I don't have time to worry about that. I was just trying to finish my workout.
This is a video of a proper Power Snatch
No comments:
Post a Comment