Friday, July 30, 2010

Sometimes You Need to Listen

After doing the Turkish Get Ups and OH walking lunges, me legs have been killing me.  My body is sore from pushing it the last 2 days.  Today when I got off work, I was going to do a quick workout before I had to go to court.  I had about 30 min. for a warm up and WOD.  As I began warming up, my body was aching.  My legs were sore, to the point where I could feel the lactic acid build up in my legs with each step.  It was that soreness you get when you haven't worked out a part of your body for awhile.  The rest of my body was pretty fatigued and sore too.  Combine that with the 12 + hour day I had at work, and I was a  hurting man.  I decided to listen to my body and take today off and work on a few movements.

I decided that I would practice my snatch today.  So I put 65 lbs. on the bar and did a few sets, practicing my form and explosiveness.  After that, I decided to continue my work on hand stand pushups.  I was able to do a few 5 second holds in the hand stand position today.  This was an improvement from last time.  The thing that I learned today was you can't always keep going and going.  You can have a set schedule for your workouts and stick to it, but sometimes you need to listen to your body instead.  And today, that is what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment