Saturday, July 31, 2010

Try to be Better Than You Were Yesterday

Today's workout I had the dreaded DNF.  Does it suck?  HELL YEAH it does.  But, it beats passing out.  If anyone has pushed their limits to where they get light headed when they work out, then you know what I am talking about.  I think it was a combination of pushing myself and maybe not eating enough for breakfast.  Today's breakfast I had a protein shake and 2 pieces of Ezekial toast (it's an organic bread) with almond butter.

Here was today's WOD: 30-25-20-15-10-5 pull ups
                                        10-20-30-40-50-60 jumping squats
                                        25 min. and some change, DNF during the 50 jumping squats

Jumping squats suck, especially that many.  And to top it off, my legs still hurt pretty bad from Weds., so they especially sucked.  My legs felt like lead today.  As for the pull ups, I did the first set pretty much rx'd, but then I switched to jumping pull ups for the rest.  When I got to 40 jumping squats, I started to get a little light headed when I would rest.  I made it through those and went on to the next round.  I was still getting light headed during the 50 squats, so I decided that it was in my best interest to stop.  So, I didn't finish the workout, but I know that I pushed myself to my limits today.  I'm ok with that.  DNF sucks, but there is always tomorrow.  That's the main thing, try to be a little better each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment