Friday, July 9, 2010

A Little Rain Never Hurt Anybody

This morning when I woke up, it was raining.  I had wanted to do a track workout concentrating on sprints.  I could have easily said, "Forget it, I don't want to run in the rain."  But it wasn't raining that hard and a little rain never hurt anybody.

In my line of work, I need to be able to sprint.  So today I decided to do a track workout that concentrated on sprinting.  I had done this workout a long time ago back when I was in college and I really liked it.  It started with a 1/2 mile warm up run.  Now on to the fun stuff.  2x400 m sprints, 4x200 m sprints, and then 6x100 m sprints.  The warm up took me 5 min., not too bad.  My goal was to keep the 400's under 2 min, 200's under 1 min, and the 100's under 20 sec.  My first 400 was 2 min. exactly.  The second one was 2:13.  The 200's were 56 sec, 58 sec, 56 sec, and 58 sec.  Nice!  And now the 100's.  All but 1 of my first 5 were 20 sec. with 1 being 21 sec.  My last one I knew that I wanted sub 20 sec, so I gave it my all.  17 sec. I'll take it.  The workout was over after about 45 min.  It was a great workout.  There was also a 200-300lb tractor tire at the track.  What a better way to cool down then do 120 yards of tire flips for time.  8 min. 16 sec.  Done!

Today's workout was awesome.  And the light rain during the majority of the workout was actually pretty refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment