Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DNF

Did Not Finish.  Those are the 3 letters you never want next to your name as a Crossfitter.  Today I had a big, fat DNF.  The workout wasn't that bad, but I think the lack of working out these past few weeks combined with my crappy diet lately are 2 big contributing factors.  I was going along during my workout and when I got on the treadmill for the run portion, I started to get light headed and didn't feel good.  That was when I knew it was time to call it quits.  After a 3 week layoff, it was too much too soon.

My diet has been put back on track.  I will probably do some other activities tonight, like walk the dog and take a bike ride.  That is the big thing with Crossfit.  It promotes a healthy lifestyle.  You can't just workout and eat a crap diet.  Your entire lifestyle needs to be healthy to make you the best you.

Today's workout:
3 Rds.
30 reps 75 lb. squat clean
30 pushups
1/2 mile (800 m) run

I did 1 round then DNF.  That will not happen again!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are still going. I finally started to workout again - sucks at 1st as you said but feel better overall.

    Marcos

    ReplyDelete