Today's workout I bit off a little more than I could chew weight wise. It was kind of like a bear complex with dbs today. That means you perform all the reps without ever letting go of the dumbbells. 5 rds. of 5 reps each of the following; deadlift, hanging cleans, push press and squats. I thought I would start out at 50 lbs. and work my way up. You are supposed to increase the weight each round, and rest as needed in between rounds.
I got the first round done with 50's and it was pretty brutal. I went up to 55 for the next round, fail at 3 push press. 3rd round fail again, but this time at 4 push press. So I dropped down to 45's and did round 4, and 40's for the final round. I should have started lighter, with 35's and gone up from there. So now I know for next time, start a little lighter. I burnt myself out with the heavier weights first. But that is the great thing with Crossfit. I still got a great workout and I learned from it too. This was the first time that I did all of those exercises with dbs. The form got easier as the workout went on because I was getting more comfortable with the dbs. After the workout, I decided to to add a half mile cool down jog this week to my workouts. I figured hey, a little extra cardio won't hurt. Hopefully that will help even more lbs. melt away.
No comments:
Post a Comment