Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just walk in to the gym

I work 12 hour shifts, so on the days that I am working, it is hard to get to the gym.  Between sleeping and getting ready for work, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time.  After being in a car for 12 hours, it is hard to get yourself to work out.  There is a gym at work which has Crossfit equipment, which means that I have no excuse.  If I put on my workout clothes and just walk in to the gym, I am good.  Once I am there, I might as well work out.  That is what I had to tell myself this morning.

I finished work and was really tired, but I knew that I needed to work out.  I walked down to the gym and started warming up.  Then a great thing happened, I started waking up and didn't feel like crap.  After my warm up, I set the bar up for a short and sweet workout.  The workout was 10 thrusters with 135 lbs., then 50 double under jump rope, 8 thrusters, 40 double unders, 6 and 30, 4 and 20, lastly 2 and 10.  12 minutes and I was done.  Next time I do that workout I know it will be well under 10 minutes.  The biggest battle isn't physically for me, it is the mental battle to work out.  Today I won that battle and I plan on continuing my winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment