Saturday, May 15, 2010

Total Devastation

That was the title of today's workout.  So, as you can guess, it was.  The workout was 40 min. long.  10 minutes of squats with 135 lbs., 5 min. rest.  Then 10 min. of 95 lbs. strict press (standing military), 5 min. rest.  Last exercise was 10 min. of deadlifts with 135 lbs.  I did this workout back in jan or feb and I was looking to improve.  From what I remember, since I didn't write it down, I did 50 squats, 30 presses, and 50 deadlifts.

I started out with sets of 10 on the squats.  10 min. seemed like an eternity of squats.  I got 60 reps.  10 more than last time, nice.  After the 5 min. rest, I push through the presses.  52 reps.  A 22 rep improvement, awesome.  5 min. rest and on to the deadlifts.  83 reps.  Holy crap, I improved by 33 reps.  I was pretty pumped about that.  I was spent after that workout, especially after taking a week off.  It felt good to get back in the gym and I remembered why I loved Crossfit.  That exhausted feeling, knowing that I gave it my all.  This workout was exactly what I needed to get me back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment