Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Ladies

It seems that the worst Crossfit workouts are named after women.  Fran, Cindy, Barbara, Eva, Angie, and many more.  These workouts strike fear.  I know that when I do one of these workouts I am going to be smoked.  Today was no different.  Today was Cindy.  Cindy is 20 AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups, and 15 air squats.  The most rounds I have done is 11.  That was when I was in much better shape.

Elite Crossfitters usually do 20 + rounds of this workout.  I am nowhere near that level.  I am not even near 15 rds.  My goal today was to get at least 9 rds.  20 minutes go by and I had done 10 rds.  1 rd. short of my PR (personal record).  I was pretty happy with that.  My cardio is starting to come back around.  I know that the next time I do this workout, 12 rounds is not unrealistic, if not more.  Today's workout was very encouraging for me.  I felt much better after today's workout then I did 5 weeks ago when I started this journey.  I didn't have to lay on the floor nearly as long as before.  My recovery time has decreased. 

After Cindy there as another short workout.  Perform 1 squat clean on the minute for 10 minutes.  Use about 70% of your 1 rep max.  I am right around 200 lbs. for the squat clean so I used 135 lbs. to work on my form.  10 minutes go by and I was done.  The feeling after a great workout is indescribable.  That is how I felt today because I knew it had been a great workout.  I can't wait to revisit this workout in a few months and see how I have improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment