Thursday, May 20, 2010

Improvement

Improvement is what I strive for with each workout.  Just a little faster, or just a little more weight then last time.  Today I noticed some improvement in my capacity.  The workout was 5 rounds of 5 deadlifts with 275 lbs. and 10 burpees.  My original goal was to get under 15 minutes.  I smashed that goal with a time of 9:40.  Holy crap.  I was ecstatic about that.  

Another thing that I noticed during the workout was that I felt stronger.  The deadlifts at 275  6 weeks ago were extremely heavy.  Today, not so much.  I was lifting with greater ease and I wasn't feeling quite so sick during the burpees.  Don't get me wrong, burpees still suck, but just a little bit less.  And a big thing I noticed was after the workout.  My recovery time has gone down.  I still lay on the floor when I'm done, but not as long as I used to.  The workout called for some ab work after, 50 floor wipers, which is holding a bar up while laying on the floor and moving your feet from side to side like a windshield wiper.  I used 65 lbs and was able to do 30.  Not too bad for never having done them before.  I also practiced my ring dips.  I still can't do them, but with continued practice they will come around.  Working on your weaknesses is part of Crossfit.  I have a lot of those so I'll just tackle them 1 at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment