Yesterday I didn't have time to make it to the gym, so I would utilize my boxing gym. I had about 45 minutes, which is plenty of time for a good workout. It is enough time for me to do 3 rounds of jump rope, shadow boxing, heavy bag and the double end ball. Each round is 3 minutes with a 1 minute rest. The jump rope and shadow boxing were great to break a sweat. Now on to the heavy bag.
I don't know what it is, but hitting a heavy bag is probably the best stress reliever for me. Just the pure aggression of beating on the bag. It's that primal instinct, the simplicity of it all. After the heavy bag, I did 3 rounds of the double end ball. That is a little more difficult. More of a hand eye coordination exercise. Still, the feeling after hitting the heavy bag is indescribable. They call boxing the sweet science, and I couldn't agree more. To top it all off, I am down 15 lbs. this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment