The day after running my leg for the marathon relay, I wasn't too sore. The only thing that really hurt were my feet. Mostly because of the pounding. So I took Monday off to rest my feet. But Tuesday it was time to get back to the gym. The workout at first, like most of them do, didn't look so bad. As usual, I was wrong. After 3 sets of squats for 5 reps, it was alternating between pushups and situps. Just bodyweight exercises won't be so bad I thought.
The workout went as follows: 20 pushups/1 situp, 19 pushups/2 situps, 18 pushups/3 situps, etc. until you were at 1 pushup/20 situps. The first sets of situps obviously weren't bad, but the pushups I really started to feel the pain. My arms were shaking by the time I got to about 13 reps. I had to break the sets to 2-4 reps at a time, but I was determined to do the workout rx'd. No modified pushups on my knees. It took 48 minutes, but I did the entire workout prescribed. I was exhausted. And today I am definitely reminded of the workout, as my chest is sore and my abs hurt too. All in a good way. It turned out that I ended up doing 210 pushups and 210 situps. Not a bad day's work.
No comments:
Post a Comment