Today I realized what I love so much about Crossfit. It is the fact that you push yourself out of your comfort zone and begin to like the uncomfortable. It is the feeling that you don't think you can finish the workout, then when you do, you collapse on the floor trying to catch your breath. It makes me realize that I am much more capable of doing things than I give myself credit for. It is being scared of your workout yet you do it anyways because part of you loves the fear.
When I was at the gym today, I took some time to look around at other people working out. They weren't really pushing themselves. Just going through the motions, whether it be on the elliptical or lifting weights. There was no real passion about working out. It was just like they were there because that is what they are supposed to do. Sure, some of them struggled with pushing weight around, but no one look physically exhausted, or dripping sweat. That is what you see in a Crossfitter.
I used to be one of the many. I just went to the gym and lifted weights followed by some cardio. Crossfit has changed my perception about fitness. It has taught me to push myself every day when I am at the gym. Past what I thought possible. And on the other side is a healthier, better me. My realization today is that I am a Crossfitter and I wouldn't want it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment