That was my exact thought when I looked at the WOD for today. I follow a lot of my workouts from a gym in Florida called Crossfit Affliction (www.crossfitaffliction.com). I like the fact that a lot of times, they combine strength workouts, followed by a Crossfit workout. Today was no different. It called for deadlifts 5-5-5, then 150 burpees for time. I had trouble with the deadlift today. I did 335 for 5, not really a problem. Then I went to 345 lbs. It wasn't the weight that was a problem, I couldn't hold on to the bar. My hands were sweating and I couldn't get a good grip on the bar. The gym I go to doesn't have any chalk either. I did 3 and the bar slipped out of my hands. So I called it quits on the deadlifts. On to the burpees.
Almost everyone has done a burpee in some shape or form at some point in their life. It is a lot like doing a squat thruster. A burpee is when you squat down, kick your feet back in to a push up, lower your body down until your chest touches the ground, push back up, get back on your feet, and jump up and clap your hands over your head. That's 1 burpee. There is an outdoor area at my gym and the weather was decent today, so I went outside for the 150 burpees. Maybe fresh air won't make it seem so bad. Wishful thinking on my part. I started out doing sets of 10. I was halfway through at about 17 minutes. Eventually I made it through all 150, 37 minutes later. There were several points during the workout that I wanted to quit, but I knew that I couldn't. After I finished the last burpee, I was proud of myself for not quitting and getting through the workout, even if other people in the gym looked at me like I was nuts.
No comments:
Post a Comment