Friday, April 23, 2010

The Chief

This morning I got off of work at 545 am.  Instead of going home, I decided that I would work out because I have some things to do today and I may not be able to fit in my workout any other time.  Today's workout is called The Chief.  It is 3 reps of 135 lbs. power clean, 6 push ups, 9 squats.  As many rounds as possible in 3 min.  5 rounds total with 1 min. rest in between rounds.  Not bad, right?  Guess again.

The first 3 min. not so bad.  Then the squats started to take their tolls.  You figure that a min. rest between rounds is plenty of time, a nice little break.  As the rounds went on, that minute rest seemed like 10 seconds.  I got to the last round and my legs were on fire.  3 minutes were up, and it was over.  I did a total of 13 1/2 rounds.  Not impressive by any means, but Crossfit is about the effort and intensity.   I was smoked.  Time to rest up and if I have time, do some extra cardio in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment