Monday, April 12, 2010

A step backwards

So this week I didn't do as well as I hoped.  I followed my diet for the most part, but fell off the wagon a few times.  Not in my workouts as much as my diet.  I ate a few things off of my diet.  I had a couple of beers.  I will weigh myself in the morning to see if I lost any weight this week.  If I didn't, that's life.  The important thing is that I realized that I strayed off the path and didn't stay there.  I have to be realistic about my diet.  There are going to be times that I stray, but the important thing is to make sure that it isn't too far or too often.  Once in a while is alright.  It is healthy and a way for me to keep my sanity. 

I head in to week 3 optomistic about it.  I have a refocused mentality for my diet and workouts.  I know that I took a step backwards, but I am determined to move 2 steps forward.  I can't dwell on the past week, because it is now out of my control.  What I can control is how I deal with my set back.  I choose to be in control of my destiny.  I choose to move forward and not let a small step backwards discourage me.  Life happens and it is how you deal with it that ultimately determines if you succeed or fail.  I will succeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment