Friday, April 2, 2010

Comfort Zone

For most people, life is lived inside their comfort zone.  Everybody has one.  That place where you can go through the motions and not have to really think about what you are doing.  You are comfortable in that place.  When life gets hectic or things are unfamiliar, you are forced to be outside of your comfort zone.  The great thing about Crossfit is that it teaches you how to live outside of your comfort zone.

Today's workout had 2 things that I am terrible at, pull ups and sit ups.  The pull ups because of my weight, and the sit ups because of my body by Miller.  About 10 minutes into the workout I was leaving my comfort zone.  I was out of breath and covered in sweat.  People at the globo gym were looking at me like I was insane.  It would have been easy to just stop and call it a day.  Crossfit teaches you to keep moving at your own pace, regardless of what anyone else is doing.   It teaches you to realize that life outside your comfort zone is not always a bad thing.  So I stopped being concerned with the people watching me and what they were thinking and continued, 1 rep at a time until I was done, 48 minutes later.  I needed to be outside of my comfort zone because being in that zone is the reason I am where I am today.  Being outside of my comfort zone is the only way to make any changes or progress towards where I want to be.  I am learning that the more you life outside of that zone, the more comfortable it is to be there.

Today's workout:
7 rounds
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 air (body weight) squats
20 sit ups
25 double under jump ropes

No comments:

Post a Comment