Today's workout was a strength workout followed by a heavy lifting metcon. I didn't think that it would be too bad. After yesterday's workout, I don't think it could be any worse. I started with a warmup of stretching out and some squats, pushups and burpees. I also did a half mile jog at 6 mph on the treadmill. I felt pretty good after the warmup and thought that the workout would go nice and easy. WRONG!
I started doing the bench press, which was the strength portion. Not as strong as I would have liked, but hey, you have to start somewhere. After finishing the strength portion, I set up the bar for deadlift. The 15 min. metcon workout called for 5 deadlifts at 315 lbs. and 10 toes to bar, as many rounds as possible. I can't quite get my toes to the bar, so I modified those and did knees to elbows. Still, it sucked. About halfway through, a callous on my hand ripped open on the deadlifts, which makes the rest of the workout a pain in the ass. I pushed through and got a very disappointing 4 rounds. Man, was I smoked though. This workout brought me back to reality. It taught me never to underestimate a workout, because heavy workouts suck just as much.
No comments:
Post a Comment