Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Filthy Fifty

Today I decided to do the Filthy Fifty workout.  It sucks, but also incorporates a lot of exercises.  Under 25 min. is what people in good shape do it in.  I am hoping for under 45 min.  We will see.  The problem with my work schedule is that on the weekends that I work, I get up, eat breakfast, and it's almost time to go back to work.  Before I would just sleep a little longer and watch some tv and tell myself that I need the rest more than working out.  What a lie.  I still got 7 hrs. of sleep, ate breakfast today and packed my lunch.  And I still have plenty of time to get a workout in.  


I am learning to make working out a priority for me.  It is all about time management.  I don't need to watch tv for an hour and skip my workout.  What is more important, watching some show, or getting in shape?  For a long time it was watching some show.  Not anymore.  If I really want to, I can DVR it.  So today I tackle the Filthy Fifty, tomorrow something else.  As long as it is helping me to have a healthier me and a healthier lifestyle I am all for it.


Today's Workout:
For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood-35 lbs.
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

No comments:

Post a Comment