This workout helped me to realize that by writing down my workouts and times, it gives me a reference point. Right now, my times are a starting point. Not the best times, but I know that they will only get better. In a few months, I will revisit some of these workouts to measure the progress I am making. As for now, I am happy with my progress. I am averaging 3-4 lbs. of weight loss a week and feeling pretty good. I am optimistic that when I do these workouts again, not only will my times be better, but I will be lighter too.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Keeping Track
Today's workout was Helen. It is 3 rounds of 400 m run, 21 kettlebell swings at 55 lbs., and 12 pullups. Last time I did this workout was in Nov. 2008. I did it in 15:38 then. Of course, I had been Crossfitting regularly for 3 months, not 3 weeks. I was realistic and my goal was under 20 min. I started off pretty good, but then came the pullups. I hate pullups. I got through the first round in about 6 min. By the time the 3rd round came, I was smoked. My forearms were on fire, I could barely breathe, and all I wanted was a drink of water. I convinced myself that I could drink water when I was done, only a few more minutes. I finished the workout in 20:30. 30 seconds longer than I wanted to, but almost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment